Work with us
At FGGS, our people is our most important asset. Be part of the generation of engineers and technicians that will change the direction of power. Learn more about our current open positions.
Become Part of our team
FGGS is a well-established, technical sales, service and engineering company located in Trumbull, CT. We have an International association with a large major European Corporation. This business association now requires an additional USA based Field Service Engineer or Tech to support the existing customer base. Extensive on-job training provided.
FIELD SERVICE Engineer
We specialize in service and support of High Speed Gearboxes used on Gas, Steam and Wind Turbine Motor driven systems. These Gears are used in applications to support the Oil / Gas and Power Generation industries for both on-shore and offshore installations.
You will work with customer engineers to analyze existing operating issues. Support the installation of new equipment and or customer upgrades to our gear systems. Supervise the installation and commissioning, provide on-site RCA or and standard inspection/maintenance support.
You will work with the customer to develop and optimize our existing Gear installations and report to our design engineer in our local and/or European offices, with Gear field vibration and Temperature data for analysis.
When not traveling, you will work from your home office (as needed) to complete reports and job related documentation, support after order contracts, work with the sales team with developing the aftermarket spare parts base program and identify our existing gear installations in the USA. Support the Trumbull CT resident design engineer with new gearbox designs. Finally, assist with after order engineering details as needed.
Salary & Benefits – Based on Experience. Company will provide a portion of the medical benefits after 90 days. An Excellent 401K type retirement investment account with company participation will be effective after one year of full employment in the US office.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A Bachelors in Engineering (Marine or Mechanical Engineering) is desired but not required depending on experience.
- Hands on Experience with Rotating Equipment or gearing
- Previous field service experience with rotating equipment (Gears, Compressor, Pumps, Generator and Gas, Steam or Wind Turbines) is a definite plus. Ability to speak Spanish and or Portuguese is a very positive asset due to installations in Latin and South America.
- Field Services Travel Up to 80% – Go to customer sites throughout the USA, Canada Mexico, and South America
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work in a team-oriented, technical environment. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook MS computer systems.
“80% Extensive Company traveling is required after the initial training in Europe”
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with the customer, other technicians, FGGS leadership and administrative personnel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft systems.
- Follow work procedures and support the customer in the development and/or optimization of existing procedures and process to maintain quality and safety.
- Work overtime on weekdays and weekends when required.
- Work safely and follow safety instructions even in varied and challenging conditions.
- Have the ability to lift 75 pounds and perform heavy physical work often in cramped surroundings.
- Successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening (techs are subject to random drug screening when in the field).
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive pickup trucks often carrying tools or pulling trailers over minimally improved roads.
- Must be capable of performing the following relating to working safely at heights:
- Physically capable of climbing vertical fixed ladders of up to 100 meters (325 feet) in height.
- Successfully complete GWO safety training: Working and rescue at heights. First Aid, CPR, AED. Material Handling. Fire prevention
- Currently possess or successfully complete OSHA 30 for General Industry
- Wind industry recognized degree, diploma or certificate of training or minimum of two years’ experience working in the wind industry.
- Hands on Experience with Rotating Equipment or gearing.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain a US passport.
- Willing to travel Up to 80% – travel to customer sites throughout the USA, Canada Mexico, and South America.
WIND TURBINE FIELD SERVICE Technician
FGGS specializes in the service and repair of Gearboxes; Low-Speed Gearboxes used in Wind Turbine Generators, and High-Speed Gearboxes used in Gas, Steam motor driven applications.
The FGGS main office is located in Trumbull, CT, with additional offices in Ft. Collins, CO, and Rio de Janeiro Brazil. However, this position will not require relocation as all Field Service Technicians are assigned to projects from their home residence.
Field Service Technicians work under minimal supervision and are required travel extensively, often on short notice. When on assignment, the technician is expected to work in excess of 40 hours per week performing a variety of services and repairs on utility scale wind turbine drive train components, primarily gearboxes.
Field Service Technicians are required to provide extensive documentation following each assignment. This documentation includes detailed reporting of each repair (to include photos), as well as the necessary job-related paperwork required at the end of each job for billing purposes.
This is a full-time salary position. When not on assignment, you may be required to work from your home completing reports or developing procedures. This position reports to the Field Service Manager.
Salary & Benefits – Based on Experience. Company will provide a portion of the medical benefits after 90 days. An Excellent 401K type retirement investment account with company participation will be effective after one year of full employment in the US office. Schedule Monday to Friday and Weekend availability.
Work Location: On the road
Job Type: Full-time
Submit your application
Please fill out the following form to submit your application and one of our FGGS Field Services representative will contact you within 24-48 hours. Thank You!